Grilled Pesto Chicken and Cherry Tomato Kabobs are an easy, healthy, and delicious three ingredient summer meal!
While moving to a new house in the summer was ideal for not having to deal with cold weather and snow, it really cut into my plans for gardening this year. At our old house, which we were at for 4 years, I came to know what grew well and what didn’t, and last year I grew a pretty solid vegetable garden. This year, however, I knew gardening was not in the cards. Between moving, being out of town a lot, and the two little rugrats that I call my own, I just knew I wouldn’t have the time to put time into a garden.
Because of this there has been significantly less zucchini bread, caprese salads, and pesto coming out of my kitchen this summer. I’ve been trying to hit up the farmers market as much as possible to make up for it, but there’s just something about having an abundance of produce in your backyard for cooking, ya know? Oh well, there’s always next year!
Regardless, I crave the flavors of pesto in the summer and came up with this fun, simple, and insanely easy recipe for pesto chicken kabobs. It almost feels silly calling it a recipe because there are only THREE ingredients.
You simple marinate cubed chicken breast in pesto, which can be homemade or store-bought, thread it onto skewers with cherry tomatoes, and grill them up. The longer you can marinate the chicken, the better. I would recommend mixing the chicken with the pesto in the morning, so they are soaking up all of that yummy pesto flavor all day. Plus, it’s one less step to do in the evening.
My entire family loved these grilled pesto chicken and cherry tomato kabobs – even my 9 month old. We served them with grilled vegetables and grilled bread, and it was a delicious summer dinner!
Grilled Pesto Chicken and Cherry Tomato KabobsPrint Rate
- ½ cup pesto homemade or store-bought
- 1 ¼ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1” pieces
- ~20 cherry tomatoes
- Combine ¼ cup of the pesto with the chicken breasts in a large bowl, and stir well to combine. Let marinate for 20 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Once marinated, thread the chicken onto skewers, alternating with cherry tomatoes. The number of skewers that this will make will depend on how long your skewers are.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Place skewers on the preheated grill and cook for approximately 12-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, and turning 2-3 times throughout.
- Brush skewers with remaining ¼ cup of pesto.
- Serve and enjoy!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER:
Click the image below to pin this Grilled Pesto Chicken and Cherry Tomato Kabobs recipe to your Pinterest board: