Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp is a super flavorful shrimp recipe that is ready in 15 minutes! This shrimp recipe also can be made into a freezer meal, making it an even easier weeknight dinner.
Shrimp is one of my favorite proteins to cook on a busy weeknight. Why? Well, it’s delicious for one! Also – it cooks so fast! Shrimp cooks in less than 10 minutes and there are endless options for flavoring it. This Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp is so full of flavor and is such a fun summer grilling dinner recipe!
Ingredients in Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Zest of 1 Lemon
Fresh Garlic – I think the more garlic, the better, and this recipe has 4 cloves of garlic in it!
Feta Cheese – this gets sprinkled on at the end and is definitely the cherry on top of this recipe.
Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp FAQ’s
What kind of shrimp should be used?
I use peeled, deveined and tail-off shrimp in this recipe. Since it’s grilled, I think tail-on shrimp would also be great. the large 20/25 shrimp are best for this recipe as they’re meatier.
How do you make this a freezer meal?
To make this Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp a freezer meal, simply add the shrimp along with the marinade ingredients (everything except the feta) into a freezer bag and freeze. When you’re ready to make the shrimp, remove it from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Grill as instructed in the recipe directions.
What’s the best way to grill shrimp?
I love grilling shrimp in a grill basket or on skewers. Skewers are great for the grill marks and a grill basket is great for ease of not having to put the shrimp on the skewers. If you’re using bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in water for about 20 minutes prior to adding the shrimp to prevent them from burning.
How do you know when shrimp are cooked?
As I mentioned, shrimp cook very quickly! They really only need 2-4 minutes on each side. You will know they are done when they are no longer translucent and they curl up. Be careful not to overcook as they can become tough.
What to serve with Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp?
I grilled some veggies along with the shrimp, including orange bell pepper, asparagus, and zucchini which I simply marinated in olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper. Other ideas would be a Grilled Zucchini and Corn Orzo Salad or a Panzanella Salad.
Looking for other shrimp recipes? Try these!
Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp
- 2 lbs peeled deveined tail-off shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest from 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine shrimp with olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, oregano, paprika, and salt and toss to combine. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- If making this into a freezer meal, place shrimp and marinade ingredients into a Ziploc and freeze. Once ready to cook, remove from the freezer and thaw in the fridge overnight.
- You can cook the shrimp three ways: directly on the grill (just be careful they don't drop through!), in a grill pan, or on skewers. For the skewers, thread the shrimp onto the skewers. If using bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 20 minutes prior to adding the shrimp so they don't burn.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook 2-4 minutes on each side, until they are no longer translucent and they are slightly curled up.
- Serve sprinkled with feta cheese.