Grilled Korean Steak and Peppers are a super flavorful grilled steak recipe made with a homemade Korean marinade. They can be on skewers or just made in a grill pan, and it’s also a great freezer meal!
I love the flavors of Korean beef, and it’s a staple on our dinner rotation. Typically I make it with ground beef, but I wanted to make it into a meal that I could make in the summer on the grill. This Grilled Korean Steak and Peppers is exactly that and bonus: it’s also a freezer meal!
Grilled Korean Steak Freezer Meal
This Grilled Korean Steak is the start of a series of freezer meals that can be made on the grill! I have a post of a bunch of slow cooker/Instant Pot freezer meals, but meals like that just don’t sound as good in the summer. So I’ve developed more than ten grill friendly freezer meals.
To make this Korean Steak and Peppers into a freezer meal, simply add the steak and peppers to a large Ziploc bag or reusable bag along with the marinade. Place in the freezer and freeze completely. When you are ready to cook it, take it out of the freezer the day in advance and place in the refrigerator to thaw. Then simply follow the directions for grilling.
Ingredients in Grilled Korean Steak and Peppers
Bell Peppers – I use red and orange but you could also use yellow or green
Grilled Korean Steal FAQ’s
Can I use a different cut of steak?
Yes. I do like using sirloin steak for cubes/kabobs but most cuts of steak would work fine in this dish.
Can I make this on the stovetop?
Yep! This dish can also be cooked in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked completely.
What do you serve with Grilled Korean Steak?
I served this with white rice and sliced cucumbers. For leftovers, I added pickled onions and Sriracha mayo and they were delicious additions!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Grilled Korean Steak and Peppers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 lbs sirloin steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (if making kabobs, cut them into squares)
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced (if making kabobs, cut them into squares)
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and chicken broth, and whisk to combine.
- Add the steak and veggies to the marinade and the marinate for at least 1 hour. If you are making this into a freezer meal, transfer the entire mixture to a large Ziploc bag and place in the freezer. When ready to cook, remove from the freezer and place in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the steak and veggies to a grill pan. Alternately, you can put them on skewers to make kabobs.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the veggies are cooked and the steak is done to your likeness.
- Serve and enjoy!