grilled caesar salad
- 2 romaine hearts
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- cherry tomatoes and croutons for topping
- To make the dressing:
- whisk the dijon mustard, egg yolk, anchovy paste, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Whisk until homogeneous.
- Slowly add the oil, whisky continuously, and making sure the oil gets fully incorporated.
- Stir in the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once you are ready to make the salads, turn on grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the romaine hearts in half, making sure to keep the layers of romaine together.
- Brush each half (the inside of the romaine heart) with about a tablespoon of dressing, then place each romaine heart half (with the inside of the romaine down) on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with more dressing.
- Top with croutons, tomatoes, and additional Parmesan cheese.