Grilled Bruschetta Chicken is an easy weeknight dinner recipe that is delicious on the grill and filled with summer produce!
Grilling season is underway and I have been taking advantage of it as much as I can! It’s just so easy to throw some things on the grill and call it dinner. I will admit, it’s easy to get stuck in the brat and burger rut and I can always use some new grilling recipes to spice things up a bit! That’s how this Grilled Bruschetta Chicken came to life and I’m oh-so glad it did!
How to Make Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
This grilled chicken recipe is super simple and easy to follow! The chicken breasts are marinated in a balsamic vinegar and olive oil combination and can take a quick 30 minute marinade or an all-day marinade.
The bruschetta topping is a simple combination of diced cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and salt. You can make it while the chicken is marinating, along with perhaps prepping a side dish to go along. Side note: I served this with my Grilled Corn and Zucchini Orzo Salad – it was a great combo!
From here, all you have to do is grill the chicken. This recipe calls for you to grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side, and I recommend using a meat thermometer to accurately ensure the chicken is cooked through.
What to Serve with Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
As mentioned, I served this Grilled Bruschetta Chicken with an orzo salad with it, but I think my Italian Panzanella Salad, Greek Spiced Grilled Zucchini, or Instant Pot Corn on the Cob would all be great options as well!
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
For the Chicken:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Bruschetta:
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and salt. Pour it over the chicken breasts and let marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, make the bruschetta topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine diced tomatoes, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- When you're ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 5-7 minutes on each side, depending on how thick your chicken is, or until a meat thermometer reads the internal temperature to be 165 degrees F.
- Top the chicken breasts with bruschetta topping and serve.