Crispy baked green bean fries with a spicy Sriracha yogurt dipping sauce – a perfect appetizer or side dish!
Is it just me or does the week go by super fast in terms of NFL football? Just as soon as I’m recovered from Monday Night Football, it’s time for a Thursday night game! Okay, so I’m not REALLY that into football but with a Fantasy Football team to manage (tough work, I’m tellin’ ya!) I have to stay on the ball with these things.
With my new-found interest in the NFL, I’ve also taken an interest in football-watching food. Case in point: my Bacon and Blue Cheese Sweet Potato Nachos, and now these green bean “fries.” Now, I’m not going to go all “oh-my-gosh-these-taste-JUST-like-french-fries” on you but seriously you guys, these are GOOD. The crispy baked green beans are crunchy and salty from the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and the spicy Sriracha dipping sauce is the perfect dipper for them.
The dipping sauce is a simple combination of Greek yogurt, a little bit of milk to thin it out, and then some spicy Sriracha, which you can add to your preference of spiciness. Salty, crunchy, and spicy…all in one snack!
Together, the green beans and dipping sauce are a match made in heaven and would be a great addition to your afternoon spread for watching football!
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love these too!
for green bean fries:
- 1 lb fresh green beans washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
for Sriracha dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2-3 tsp Sriracha or more or less depending on how spicy you prefer
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, toss green beans with olive oil.
- Add salt, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese and toss well to get the breadcrumbs to stick to the green beans.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- To make the dipping sauce:
- Combine yogurt, milk, and Sriracha.
- Dip green bean fries in dipping sauce, and enjoy!