Okay, so how do you guys feel about zucchini? Sometimes the thought of it, especially cooked, makes me want to gag, but other times I really love it. For example, I think of it in casseroles or pasta dishes where it gets all soggy and I just can’t do it. But zucchini baked goods? Count me in. Zucchini lasagna? Not for me. So right around this time of year when zucchini is coming out of everyone’s ears I panic because I typically do one of three things to do with it: zucchini bread , zucchini cake, and zucchini muffins (why yes, I like my carbs, thanks for asking). I think I need to broaden my zucchini horizons. Keep me accountable to that, will ya?
First attempt at savory zucchini for me: this grilled zucchini topped with feta. And I liked it. Scratch that, I loved it! So much so that I’ve made it twice since I first made it AND I’ve made another savory zucchini recipe in the meantime. I’m turning a new
squash blossom leaf.
We made this grilled zucchini to go along with the Mango Curry Grilled Chicken and they made making dinner a breeze. This zucchini is simply tossed with some olive oil and Greek-ish herbs like oregano, parsley, and thyme and then grilled to perfection straight on the grill. You could use a grill pan to make things simpler, but I cut my slices of zucchini long and thin so I could lay them straight on the grill for the grill flavoring and marks. To finish, I topped the zucchini with some crumbled feta and voila! Dinner was ready. Simple, fast, and delicious – my favorite combination!
greek-spiced grilled zucchini with fetaPrint Rate
- 3 medium zucchini cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Light grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss sliced zucchini with olive oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place either directly on grill or in a grill pan.
- If cooking directly on grill, grease lightly with cooking spray, then place zucchini vertically over grill grates.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until there are char marks and zucchini is tender and cooked.
- If cooking in grill pan, cook closer to 10 minutes, until zucchini is softened and cooked.
- Remove from grill and top with feta.