Having a smaller Thanksgiving gathering but still want turkey? This Garlic Herb Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey Breast is the solution. The skin is super crispy and delicious and the meat is extra flavorful!
For as long as I can remember, I’ve made my Garlic Herb Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey at some point around the holidays. Ever since making it about 8 years ago, it’s my absolute favorite turkey recipe. Since this year we will be having a small Thanksgiving meal, with just the five of us, I needed a smaller scale version of it – Garlic Herb Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey Breast!
Ingredients in Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey Breast
3-4 pound turkey breast
The ingredients are simple and so, so flavorful! I highly recommend using sea salt instead of table salt, as the bigger flakes will give the skin a salty crunch.
Why Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey Breast?
While butter also works well, I find mayonnaise is so much easier to work with when slathering it all over the skin. It also makes the skin super crispy while keeping the turkey meat nice and juicy. And no – it won’t taste like mayonnaise!
How to Make Mayonnaise Turkey Breast
This recipe is super simple to make. You will simply combine the ingredients for the mayonnaise rub, slather it all over the turkey breast, and roast. The turkey breast is roasted for 90 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Once the turkey is done, it’s time for the gravy. This recipe uses a few tablespoons of the drippings, some butter, flour, and broth for the gravy, along with some salt and pepper. First, you melt the drippings and butter together. In a mason jar, shake the flour and broth until there are no more lumps. Slowly whisk the flour/broth mixture into the butter and drippings and simmer until thickened. Lastly, season with salt and pepper. That’s it!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Garlic Herb Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey Breast
- 3-4 lb turkey breast
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage chopped
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For the Gravy:
- 3 tbsp drippings
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place turkey breast in a roasting pan and pat dry with a paper towel. Tip: if you don't have a roasting pan, roll up some aluminum foil into a few rolls and place them on the bottom of a baking pan for the turkey breast to sit on. This will prevent the bottom from getting soggy and help cook it evenly.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, herbs, sea salt, and pepper.
- Slather the mayonnaise mixture all over the outside of the turkey breast, and under the skin if possible.
- Roast the turkey in the preheated oven for ~90 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven. Transfer 3-4 tablespoons of the drippings to a medium saucepan.
- Cover the turkey breast with foil to keep warm.
- Add the flour and broth to a mason jar and shake until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Heat the drippings along with 1 tsp of butter over medium heat.
- Slowly add the flour/broth mixture, whisking continuously, until smooth.
- Simmer for a few minutes until it has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the turkey breast sliced with gravy. Enjoy!