Garlic and Herb Butter Grilled Radishes are a grilled side dish not to be missed!
Let me be the first to admit that radishes have never been my favorite vegetable. They’re not even in my top 10. There are just too many delicious brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and kale for me to waste my time with radishes.
That is, until now. I had bought a bag of radishes to use as a garnish for my Lemony Pea Pesto Pizza which used one measly radish. This left me with almost an entire bag of radishes on my hands and not nearly enough salads to put them on. Because that’s what radishes are for, right? Garnish and salads? Wrong.
Turns out, radishes are delicious when roasted or, in this case grilled. Plus, when you toss them in melted butter, fresh herbs, and garlic, magical things happen.
I cooked mine until they were charred (the burnt parts are my favorite!) and pretty tender, but you can really cater this recipe to your liking. The cooking process really tames down the intense flavor of radishes so if you actually prefer the spiciness of raw radishes, cut the cooking time back by 10 minutes or so. If you’re looking for a more mild side dish, keep the cooking time as stated.
As spring turns to summer in the next month, these will be a regular on our weekly menu. Using herbs from my herb garden, radishes from my vegetable garden, and butter from….the store (ha!) these will be such a no-brainer side dish!
- approximately 2 pounds radishes halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- additional parsley basil, and chives, for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine radishes, butter, herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place radishes in a grill pan.
- Cook in grill for 25-30 minutes, until radishes are tender and slightly charred.
- Top with additional herbs, if desired.
- Serve immediately.