Happy birthday to ME!!!! Today I turn 25 and can I just say that mid-week birthdays suck? Even though today is my birthday, I still have to get up early, I still have to go to work, and I don’t get to have a party. On the bright side, I’m celebrating tonight with a homemade cake that Marc is making. On another high note, I’m bringing these Funfetti treats to work to make sure everyone knows its my birthday. Just kidding. I just wanted another excuse to bake.
I don’t usually (read: NEVER) use cake/brownie/cookie mixes or pre-made frosting since I like making everything from scratch, but I’m pretty sure a birthday isn’t complete without Funfetti. Plus, it’s my birthday and today I get to do what I want. And I want Funfetti.
These cookies are a really fun way to use Funfetti cake mix without actually making cake. I whipped them up in record time, then got to play around with frosting and sprinkles. What more could a girl want on her birthday?
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 oz jar Funfetti vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In bowl, mix together cake mix, oil, and eggs with spoon.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten with fingers or bottom of a glass dipped in flour. Bake in preheated oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool on pan for 1 minute then transfer to cooling rack.
- When completely cool, spread a large dollop of frosting on one cookie, then top with another cookie.
- Roll in sprinkles.