If you’re a fan of the nog, you must try this Eggnog Sugar Cookie Bars recipe! You will love the fudge-like consistency of the bars, the eggnog and rum flavoring, and the decadent frosting as well!
Happy Monday! We have a fresh coating of snow here in Minneapolis this morning and it’s starting to feel like Christmas around here. We were up at Marc’s family cabin this weekend for our annual baking weekend, where we knocked out batches and batches of ginger cookies, peanut butter blossoms, Buckeyes, caramels, and Ritz cracker cookies.
I also tried my hand at some almond lace cookies but I burnt half of the batches and the rest crumbled on the trip home. They were still tasty, though!
While we didn’t get any epic photos of the boys eating cookies like last year (see this post), we did get some pretty cute ones of them jumping on the bed in their matching PJs!
And some hot cocoa action:
Today, though, we are talking about eggnog. Are you a fan?!
Eggnog Sugar Cookie Bars
It seems like with eggnog, people are either very into it or very NOT into it. While I like a glass or two every year, I can only handle so much, and I always like to thin it out quite a bit with regular milk.
HOWEVER when it comes to eggnog flavored things – I am all over it. Case in point: these Eggnog Sugar Cookie Bars. I could not keep my hands off of them.
If you’re a fan of the nog, you must try this recipe! You will love the fudge-like consistency of the bars, the eggnog and rum flavoring, and the decadent frosting as well!
Eggnog Sugar Cookie BarsPrint Rate
For the bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup eggnog
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Grease 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg and rum extract, and bet until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg and whisk well to combine.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixer and beat until combined.
- Add eggnog and beat until combined.
- Spread bar batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until edges are slightly golden. The middle may not appear set, but it will continue to set as it cools! You don't want to over bake these!
- Cool completely.
- Make the frosting by beating butter until creamy.
- Add rum extract and eggnog and beat again until well combined.
- Add powdered sugar and nutmeg and beat until creamy.
- Spread over cooled bars.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or on the image below to pin this Eggnog Sugar Cookie Bars recipe for later!