Eggnog Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze is the perfect way to start your morning during the holidays!
I am having a moment with eggnog this year between my Eggnog Pudding Layer Dessert, my Eggnog Biscotti, and now this eggnog coffee cake. Let’s not forget my Boozy Eggnog Cake and Ginger Molasses Sandwich Cookies with Eggnog Buttercream from last year. I love the nog!
This Eggnog Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze would be a perfect Christmas morning breakfast! What better way to start the most magical holiday of the year than with a warm slice straight from the oven (just ignore my instructions to cool completely..ha) and a big mug of coffee?
You could definitely make this coffee cake a day in advance, too. I can attest, after eating half of the pan over the last few days, that this cake is just as delicious at room temperature as it is warm.
Another fun thing about this recipe? This coffee cake can be made completely dairy free if you choose! Since I developed this recipe for GO VEGGIE, using their vegan and dairy-free plain cream cheese, I wanted to be sure the entire coffee cake could be made dairy free.
So I did something I’ve never done before and baked with vegan butter. I also used dairy free eggnog and dairy free yogurt. The end result? I truly could not tell if there was any sort of dairy substitute!
That said, this eggnog coffee cake can absolutely made non-dairy free. Just use regular butter, eggnog, yogurt, and cream cheese. Either way, this coffee cake is a deliciously perfect way to get your Christmas morning started!
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog dairy-free if desired...I used almond milk eggnog
- 1 cup plain yogurt dairy free if desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the streusel:
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the glaze:
- 4 ounces GO VEGGIE plain cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer, combine butter and sugar and beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined and scraping down the edges as needed.
- In a small bowl, combine eggnog, yogurt, and vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, and beat until combined.
- Add 1/3 of eggnog mixture, beating until combined.
- Continue alternating between flour and eggnog mixtures until gone.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Make the streusel by combining all ingredients and mashing together with a fork or your fingers. You just want all of the butter incorporated.
- Sprinkle over coffee cake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until edges are slightly golden and a toothpick comes out of the middle clean. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together GO VEGGIE plain cream cheese, eggnog, and sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled coffee cake.
- *Note: You don't technically have to cool the coffee before the glaze, but if you don't just know that it will likely melt.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or on the image below to pin this Eggnog Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze recipe for later!