A light and healthy quinoa salad with edamame, red peppers, corn, and a light lemon garlic vinaigrette.
Do you ever have moments where you think you might be going crazy? Like really losing your mind. For example, I sat down for dinner tonight, which is typically when I feed Maddie. However I cannot, for the life of me, remember if I actually fed her or not. I feel like I might have but am I thinking of when I fed her this morning? I really have no idea. Like I said, I feel like I’m going crazy. Please tell me I’m not the only one who has these moments…
Anyways…moving onto the food. I made this quinoa salad as a healthy option for lunch this week. I love making grain “salads” then mixing them with some lettuce or shredded chicken for a quick and easy lunch. This salad is filled with good-for-ya things like edamame, corn, bell pepper, green onion, and cilantro. This is a snap to whip up and requires only minimal chopping…a plus in my book. It gets tons of flavor not only from the veggies but the cilantro and light lemon garlic vinaigrette. I recommend making the salad ahead of time to let the flavors of the vinaigrette really soak into the quinoa and veggies. It’s one of those dishes that just gets better with time!
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love these, too:
Kale and Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Mango and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Apple Pecan and Goat Cheese Quinoa Salad
Quinoa Power Bowls
- 2 cups frozen shelled, edamame
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cooked cooled quinoa
- 1 green onion sliced (just green parts)
- 1 red sweet bell pepper diced
- 3 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Bring small pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add edamame.
- Cook in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine edamame, corn, quinoa, green onion, bell pepper, and cilantro. Stir to combine ingredients.
- In small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, chili powder, thyme, black pepper, and garlic. Pour over vegetables and quinoa. Stir well to incorporate.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.