Double Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake Bars are a super decadent Thanksgiving or holiday dessert! They have an easy shortbread crust, a luxurious chocolate cheesecake, a layer of dark chocolate chips, and a pecan pie topping! Drizzle it with more chocolate and caramel and you have one delicious dessert.
Now that the holiday season is upon us, I am full-on back into baking mode. I didn’t bake much over the summer, but as soon as the air got a chill in it, I couldn’t tame the itch to turn the oven on.
While I have three dessert recipes for you for Thanksgiving (my Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake and another one I’ll be posting later this week!), today we’re talking Double Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake Bars.
I don’t think it’s a secret that these Double Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake Bars are decadent and beyond delicious. I mean, just look at these photos. Ho-ly YUM.
I’ve made a similar recipe to these for years and years and years. In fact, I think it was one of the first recipes I’ve posted on this blog. This year I jazzed them up a little bit with more chocolate (I mean, why not!), a different crust, and a drizzle of caramel on top. Admittedly, the caramel sauce is optional but why the heck wouldn’t you?
I think these Double Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake Bars would be so great for a Friendsgiving, a Thanksgiving dessert tray (switch things up on a table of pies!), or for any sort of holiday dessert.
Personally, we ate them with a couple of other friends standing over the counter with forks each having “just one more bite”. Whatever works, y’know?!
Looking for more Thanksgiving recipes? Check these out!
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
For the chocolate cheesecake layer:
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate coarsley chopped and melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
For the pecan layer:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Caramel sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 13×9? baking pan with foil and grease or spray with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine the flour and 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Cut in softened butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In bowl with electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Add 1 egg and beat until combined.
- Stir in melted and cooled chocolate and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Bake 15 more minutes, then allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate chips over chocolate cheesecake layer.
- In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and 3 eggs. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans.
- Pour this over chocolate chips and baked cream cheese mixture, then bake for 40-45 more minutes, or until center is set.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Once cooled, cut into squares.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce (optional but delicious) and serve.