Double Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake Bars are a super decadent Thanksgiving or holiday dessert! They have an easy shortbread crust, a luxurious chocolate cheesecake, a layer of dark chocolate chips, and a pecan pie topping! Drizzle it with more chocolate and caramel and you have one delicious dessert.
Now that the holiday season is upon us, I am full-on back into baking mode. I didn’t bake much over the summer, but as soon as the air got a chill in it, I couldn’t tame the itch to turn the oven on.
While I have three dessert recipes for you for Thanksgiving (my Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake and another one I’ll be posting later this week!), today we’re talking Double Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake Bars.
I don’t think it’s a secret that these Double Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake Bars are decadent and beyond delicious. I mean, just look at these photos. Ho-ly YUM.
I’ve made a similar recipe to these for years and years and years. In fact, I think it was one of the first recipes I’ve posted on this blog. This year I jazzed them up a little bit with more chocolate (I mean, why not!), a different crust, and a drizzle of caramel on top. Admittedly, the caramel sauce is optional but why the heck wouldn’t you?
I think these Double Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake Bars would be so great for a Friendsgiving, a Thanksgiving dessert tray (switch things up on a table of pies!), or for any sort of holiday dessert.
Personally, we ate them with a couple of other friends standing over the counter with forks each having “just one more bite”. Whatever works, y’know?!
Looking for more Thanksgiving recipes? Check these out!
Double Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake BarsPrint Rate
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
For the chocolate cheesecake layer:
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate coarsley chopped and melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
For the pecan layer:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Caramel sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 13×9? baking pan with foil and grease or spray with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine the flour and 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Cut in softened butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In bowl with electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Add 1 egg and beat until combined.
- Stir in melted and cooled chocolate and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Bake 15 more minutes, then allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate chips over chocolate cheesecake layer.
- In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and 3 eggs. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans.
- Pour this over chocolate chips and baked cream cheese mixture, then bake for 40-45 more minutes, or until center is set.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Once cooled, cut into squares.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce (optional but delicious) and serve.