Dill Pickle Dip is a creamy dip with chopped dill pickles, pickle juice, green onions, and fresh dill – it’s perfect for a BBQ appetizer!
Are you a fan of pickles? I feel like people either are or aren’t. I am definitely a huge fan. My favorite type is the mini dill pickle but I’d never pass up a dill spear or even a bread and butter pickle. I love them all!
Growing up, one of my favorite appetizers that was at pretty much every family gathering was the ham and pickle roll up. If you’re not familiar with this Midwestern gem, you basically take a whole dill pickle and wrap it in cream cheese and ham. Then you slice it up and serve. Seriously, you’re missing out if you’ve never had one!
A Dip For Pickle Lovers
This Dill Pickle Dip brought me right back to a backyard BBQ at my grandma’s, munching on some pickle roll ups. While this dip doesn’t have ham in it (though, that would be delicious too!), the combination of the dill pickles and cream cheese is divine. Believe me, I know it sounds a little iffy, but if you like pickles you really need to give this dip a try.
How to Make Dill Pickle Dip
Not only is it delicious, but it is incredibly easy to make. This dip starts with a block of cream cheese. It’s easier to mix everything together if it’s close to room temperature, but it will still be fine even if you start it straight from the refrigerator.
The cream cheese is mixed with chopped pickles, pickle juice, diced green onions, and fresh dill. I told you – it’s so simple! This recipe is also really easy to double (or triple!) for a larger group of people. The recipe as written would be ideal for about 4 people so if you’re bringing this to a party, I’d definitely make a bigger batch.
We served this pickle dip with pita chips and I think pretzels, potato chips, and veggies would all be equally delicious!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Dill Pickle Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Additional chopped pickles and fresh dill for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, chopped pickles, pickle juice, green onions, and fresh dill.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve dip in a bowl, topped with additional chopped pickles and fresh dill.
- Serve with pita chips, vegetables, crackers, potato chips, pretzels, etc.