Tuscan kale, tomatoes, red cabbage, chickpeas, and a light vinaigrette make this the perfect healthy Detox Tuscan Kale Salad!
Today, along with a delicious and healthy kale salad recipe, I also want to talk about a new restaurant to the Twin Cities that I was invited to check out before it opened – Piada Italian Street Food.
Last week we visited a new restaurant in the Twin Cities named Prada. It’s fast Italian street food and oh man was it delicious!! We had the Pasta Carbonara (Marc’s favorite!), Calamari Piada (incredible!), Balsamic Chicken Salad (SO good!), their Salmon Salad (the salmon really is amazing!), Tuscan Kale Salad, and the biggest and most tender meatball I’ve ever had.
While you better believe I’ll be trying my best to recreate that incredible meatball, I decided on something a bit lighter first – the Detox Tuscan Kale Salad. Doesn’t that sound perfect for this time of year?
Detox Tuscan Kale Salad – Flavor and Healthy
While raw kale can be somewhat tough, the process of massaging the kale with the dressing can help with that. I love using tuscan kale in this salad, which is a deeper green than it’s curly haired sister. I also think it looks prettier in salads like this Detox Tuscan Kale Salad. You can definitely use regular curly kale, though.
Ingredients in Detox Kale Salad
Combined with diced tomatoes, chickpeas, shredded red cabbage, a light vinaigrette and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, this salad definitely hit the spot.
This Tuscan Kale Salad has been the perfect lunch to satisfy me and keep my wandering eyes away from the leftover cookie tray sitting on our counter. This healthy detox salad is simple, nourishing and definitely filling from the addition of chickpeas. You could definitely throw some sunflower seeds or chicken on their too, to boost the protein.
Here’s to a healthy new year!
Detox Tuscan Kale Salad
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups about 1 bunch tuscan kale, chopped
- 3 cups about 1/2 a medium head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups about 10 oz grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine all dressing ingredients in mason jar and shake vigorously to combine well.
- Place kale in large bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of the dressing over the kale and, with your fingers, work the dressing into the kale leaves.
- Add red cabbage, grape tomatoes, and chickpeas to kale mixture and add remaining dressing, tossing to combine.
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
While I was compensated by Piada for the content of this post and recipe, all opinions are my own.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or the image below to pin this Detox Tuscan Kale Salad recipe for later!
I have some more healthy and delicious salads for you: