- 1 1/2 pound beef chuck roast
- steak seasoning for example, Lawry's
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cooking white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Place sliced onions in crock pot.
- Season both sides of chuck roast with steak seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear each side of chuck roast until browned.
- Once browned, place meat over sliced onions, then deglaze the skillet with white wine and water, scraping any bits stuck on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour white white/water/drippings mixture over the beef.
- In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce.
- Pour over the beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. It is done when it is fork tender and basically just falls apart. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Ask Georgie