Is it really only Tuesday going on Wednesday?! Maybe it’s because we are going on vacation in 5 days, maybe it’s the fact that we got more snow last night, or maybe it’s just because work has been exhausting, but I feel like this week is moving at snail speed. Seriously, this week needs to be over. How about some roasted veggies to brighten us up?! Hmm…that doesn’t have quite the ring that “How about some brownies to brighten us up?!” has, but I promise, this cauliflower is like candy. Okay, it’s not. But I promise, it’s GOOD! Just hear me out.
I’m a big believer that roasting vegetables can turn any veggie-hater into a veggie-lover. Proof: Marc now eats asparagus, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and even raved to his mom about roasted carrots that I made. Now, he isn’t going to go out of his way to chop up some broccoli, toss it in olive oil and throw it in the oven, but he happily clears his serving of veggies at dinner. Definite progress.
I absolutely love roasted cauliflower but this time, just as I was about to stick it in the oven with the usual garlic, olive oil, and salt, the idea to toss it in cornmeal occurred to me. Crunchy cornmeal crusted roasted cauliflower! The idea sounded delicious so I decided to give it a shot. It turned out just as tasty as I imagined and I’m not sure I’ll ever make regular roasted cauliflower again. I particularly liked the parts that got a little more than golden brown, making it even more crunchy. What can I say, I like it crunchy!
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Place cauliflower, olive oil, and garlic in large Ziploc baggie.
- Shake to evenly distribute olive oil.
- Add cornmeal, salt, and pepper, and shake again to evenly distribute cornmeal.
- Spread cauliflower out on prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 35-40 minutes, until cauliflower is golden brown.