Friday Friiiiiiday FRIDAY!!! Anyone else excited it’s Friday besides me? All right! I might be a tiny bit more excited than usual since we leave for vacay tomorrow, but regardless of your weekend plans, it’s here! Happy, happy Friday.
So let’s celebrate with cookies, shall we? It’s been ages since I’ve baked anything with white chocolate, which is really just sad, so I set out to change that. I wanted to make the classic white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, but with a bit of flare. Jazz ’em up a bit.
Enter: coconut! Which is sort of fitting here because coconut always reminds me of something tropical and while Florida isn’t exactly tropical, there’s the beach which is close enough. These cookies are thick and chewy, and absolutely stuffed with white chocolate, nuts, and coconut. So essentially, a tropical cookie.
So even if we can’t all be laying on the beach by Sunday afternoon (whyyyy can’t we all go on vacation together?!), let’s snack on some tropical cookies.
Have a great weekend and stop by tomorrow for a Baby E update!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Mix well.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar, beating until well combined.
- Add egg and egg yolk, and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut, until well combined.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Form cookies into approximately tablespoon-sized cookie balls and place 2" apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes, until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 15minutes then transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.