chocolate chip toffee barsPrint Pin Rate
- Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
- recipe from Pillsbury Baking
- makes 24 bars
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 2 cup 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8 oz package toffee baking bits, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender, two knives, or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg and mix well.
- This part seems like it's not going to work but just keep mixing until egg is evenly distributed.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of mixture and press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Once partially baked, pour can of sweetened condensed milk over crust.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of toffee bits and pour remaining toffee over milk layer in pan.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits and cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut into bars. Enjoy!