Need a healthy chocolate fix? Chocolate Almond Date Balls are made with only four ingredients, almonds, cocoa powder, dates, and almond butter, and will satisfy that sweet tooth in no time!
Anyone else get the post-vacation blues? It’s just such a bummer that it’s over! I always find this time of year kind of confusing on what kind of food I’m craving, anyways. To compromise, today I have a healthy dessert recipe! Or healthy snack. You choose! These Chocolate Almond Date Balls are good any time of the day – even breakfast.
Almond Date Balls – Healthy Brownie Fix
Chocolate Almond Date Balls are basically my brownie fix when I’m trying to be “good”. I suppose after vacation, a week of lots of indulging, that time would be now. My need for a chocolate fix isn’t going to go away, so I might as well make it a healthy chocolate fix!
Healthy Date Treats
I pretty much always have some sort of date/nut treat sitting around our house for a healthy snack or treat. My go-to’s are my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lara Bars , Lemon Coconut Cashew Date Balls, and Coconut Cream Lara Bars, but these are definitely going in our rotation!
The combination of almonds, almond butter, dates, and cocoa powder in these almond date balls is ridiculously simple and tastes amazingly like a brownie.
These Chocolate Almond Date Balls are super chocolate-y, gooey, and if you’re feeling a little crazy you could add some mini chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate for a little more decadence!
- 2 cups dates soaked (if they are Medjool dates, there's no need to soak them)
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place dates in a bowl of warm water and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Place almonds in food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs.
- Add dates, almond butter, cocoa powder, and salt, and pulse until the mixture is well combined. You will likely have to take the lid off and scrape the bowl down a couple of times.
- Roll mixture into ~2 tablespoon sized balls.
- Store in the refrigerator.