Need a healthy chocolate fix? Chocolate Almond Date Balls are made with only four ingredients and will satisfy that sweet tooth in no time!
Anyone else get the post-vacation blues? It’s just such a bummer that it’s over! I considered getting a recipe or two up last week, but in the end decided to make it a true vacation and didn’t post anything. I always find this time of year kind of confusing on what kind of food I’m craving, anyways. Like some days I still want soups and casseroles and others I crave big salads and veggie recipes.
To compromise, today I have a healthy dessert recipe! Or healthy snack. These Chocolate Almond Date Balls are good any time of the day – even breakfast.
Chocolate Almond Date Balls are basically my brownie fix when I’m trying to be “good”. I suppose after vacation, a week of lots of indulging, that time would be now. My need for a chocolate fix isn’t going to go away, so I might as well make it a healthy chocolate fix!
I pretty much always have some sort of date/nut treat sitting around our house for a healthy snack or treat. My go-to’s are my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lara Bars and Coconut Cream Lara Bars, but these are definitely going in our rotation! The combination of almonds, almond butter, dates, and cocoa powder is ridiculously simple and tastes amazingly like a brownie.
These Chocolate Almond Date Balls are super chocolate-y, gooey, and if you’re feeling a little crazy you could add some mini chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate for a little more decadence!
- 2 cups dates soaked (if they are Medjool dates, there's no need to soak them)
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place dates in a bowl of warm water and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Place almonds in food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs.
- Add dates, almond butter, cocoa powder, and salt, and pulse until the mixture is well combined. You will likely have to take the lid off and scrape the bowl down a couple of times.
- Roll mixture into ~2 tablespoon sized balls.
- Store in the refrigerator.