Woo! We are back from Austin and all I can say is – someone get me a kale salad! I’m not sure if I’m embarrassed or proud to say that we ate at the most ridiculous donut food truck FOUR times during our six day stay, but I’ll let you be the judge of that.
Even though the donuts likely covered our entire daily caloric needs, we still fit in two BBQ restaurants, a staple South Congress pizza joint, more tacos than I can count, more food trucks than I can remember, multiple breweries, and a crazy good burger. Oomph, I’m stuffed.
All I know is – there are SO many dishes I want to recreate at home (migas! avocado tacos! banh mi sandwich!). But first, this salsa!
I made this Chipotle Black Bean and Corn Salsa for Cinco de Mayo (along with that Mexican Chocolate Tres Leches Cake!) and while I’ve made a number of black bean and corn dip/salsa recipes in my day, this one is definitely not the ordinary.
The dressing in this Chipotle Black Bean and Corn Salsa is spicy from the chipotle peppers, a little sweet from some agave nectar, and full of more flavor with garlic, lime juice, cumin, and red wine vinegar. It was delicious on our brisket tacos as well as an irresistible dip with tortilla chips.
For the chipotle dressing:
- 2 chipotles en adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the dip:
- 14 ounces frozen corn thawed
- 14 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion finely minced
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes quartered
- 4 green onions diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are blended.
- Combine all the dip ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle with dressing.
- Stir well to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!