Chimichurri Steak Kabobs are sirloin steak and vegetable kabobs marinated in a flavorful homemade chimichurri sauce are perfect reason to fire up the grill!
I’m not sure if it’s because of COVID or just our itch to constantly be working on a project, but we’ve done some fun projects around the house this summer. Well, mostly it’s been Marc. My job has been to keep our tiny humans alive 🙂
The first project was adding a swing set and slide to our existing treehouse. It was a relatively simple project that didn’t take more than a few hours and the kids absolutely love it! Our next project of building a deck is definitely a bit more involved and time consuming, but I’m positive the reward will be worth it.
If you’ve followed along at all, you know we recently renovated our main level including a bit kitchen renovation. This included adding a sliding door to where there wasn’t one, and plans to put a deck right off our kitchen. Until now, we had to walk through our living room and three season porch to reach our grill and patio, which isn’t the end of the world, but definitely not convenient. Marc, his dad, and his uncle got a ton of the deck started this weekend and I’m more than excited to have our grill right out from our kitchen…especially with how much we have been grilling this summer!
These Chimichurri Steak Kabobs are one of the latest things we’ve grilled and they are definitely a new favorite! I love when you can have your entire meal on a stick (maybe that’s the Midwesterner in me?) and these are no exception.
These kabobs are skewers of sirloin chunks, bell peppers, onions, and summer squash which are marinated in a fresh and zippy chimichurri sauce.
What’s in Chimichurri?
Chimichurri is an Argentinian sauce typically made of parsley, oregano, shallots, garlic, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. I added some cilantro because I love it and the flavor combination was so, so good!
Steak Kabob Side Dishes
Like this recipe? Check these out too!
Summer Steak Salad with Corn from Little Broken
Chimichurri Steak Kabobs
For the Chimichurri:
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup olive oil
For the Kabobs:
- 2 lbs sirloin steak cut into approx. 1" cubes
- 1 red bell pepper stem and seeds removed, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper stem and seeds removed, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 zucchini sliced into 1/4" thick rounds
- 1 red onion cut into 1" pieces
- Combine parsley, cilantro, oregano, shallot, garlic, red wine vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes in food processor and pulse until everything is finely minced.
- Add olive oil and pulse until combined. It does not need to be pureed - just incorporated.
- In a large bowl, add cubed steak and vegetable pieces.
- Add 3 tbsp of chimichurri to bowl and stir well to combine.
- Thread steak and vegetables onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water for at least 15 minutes prior to this)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Add kabobs and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until meat and vegetables are cooked.
- Serve with additional chimichurri. Enjoy!