Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls are a fun and delicious dinner, and they’re easier than you’d think!
I know, lasagna rolls again?! I just couldn’t help myself…I loved the Butternut Squash and Bacon Roll Ups so much I just had to see what else I could spread onto lasagna noodles and roll up into cute little bundles of goodness. Turns out, a mixture of basil pesto, ricotta, and shredded chicken is darn good too in these Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls. And seriously, so easy to make. These are definitely easier than the butternut squash version because there is really no pre-cooking except for the chicken – but I used rotisserie! The filling comes together in seconds and after rolling the little guys up, you just let the oven do the work.
Oh, about the oven. I know the temperatures are warming up and a hot, bubbling dish might not be on the top of your list of things to make, but hear me out. Pretty soon your basil plant is going to be over. flowing. And it’s going to be growing so fast you’re not going to do with it. So put this recipe for Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls in your back pocket and when that time comes, I’ve got you covered.
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 15 ounce container Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup shredded chicken I used a rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups homemade or store bought marinara
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Add lasagna noodles and cook according to package. Once cooked, keep in bowl of cold water to keep from sticking to each other.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup of marinara sauce on bottom of dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, pesto, chicken breast and 1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella and stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the lasagna noodles flat, patting with paper towel to dry, and spread each noodle with about 1/4 cup of filling. Roll up and place seam down into prepared baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Pour remaining marinara sauce over rolls and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbling, about 25 minutes.