As excited as I am for fall (give me all the pumpkin!!) I can’t believe summer is almost over. Maybe it’s because we were on vacation for 3 weeks in July or maybe it’s just because time seems to be passing faster and faster. Either way, I’m not ready to say goodbye to warm nights on the patio and a healthy dose of Vitamin D every day.
Ready or not, it is definitely back-to-school season, so I thought a fun afternoon snack or quick weeknight meal was in order. While I don’t have kids, I do have cousins and over the years have picked up on what they like to eat. Specifically chicken nuggets, anything dipped in ranch, eggs and bacon, and cheese quesadillas. Put ‘em all together (minus the eggs) and whatcha got?! Chicken bacon ranch quesadillas!
Kids and adults alike will go crazy for these quesadillas. I mean, what’s not to love about a cheesy quesadilla stuffed with chicken (any way you like it – shredded, shaved, grilled and diced), ranch dressing, and bacon?! Nothing, that’s what.
Once again I played around with GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Shreds and it worked like a charm. As always, I loved how the GO Veggie! cheese is a lactose, cholesterol, and trans fat free cheese alternative that truly does taste and melt like cheese.
One thing I suggest when making these quesadilla is placing the cheese on one tortilla and the ranch dressing on the other. When I put the ranch dressing on first and then topped it with cheese, the cheese was a lot runnier than when I put the cheese down, then chicken, then bacon, and then the ranch on the top tortilla. There’s a science to making a quesadilla and you better believe it.
So whether you’re shipping the kids off to school and they’re coming home begging for snacks or you’re just looking for a quick and delicious lunch or dinner, I’ve got you covered. Better yet, prep and cook the chicken and bacon the day before and you’ll have snack/lunch/dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes.
- 4 flour torillas
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken about 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 1 cup GO Veggie! Cheddar shreds or your favorite cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Lay two tortilla downs, and top each with 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Top with the cheese on each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken and 2 slices crumbled bacon each.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing on the remaining 2 tortillas and put ranch side down on top of the bacon.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat in large skillet. Place one of the quesadillas cheese side down over hot oil.
- Cook 4-5 minutes, then carefully flip over. Cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining quesadilla.
- Cut into triangle slices.