Chewy Caramel Pretzel Blondies are the perfect combination of salty and sweet and an irresistible snack or dessert!
If there is ever a dessert with a sweet and salty combination, you can count me in. I mean really, I’m not one to pass up any kind of dessert, but I’m especially a sucker for that duo.
These Caramel Pretzel Blondies are for all my fellow salty-sweet lovers out there. Not only could you use salted caramel to swirl on top, but these blondies are full of crunchy, salty pretzels.
Blondies – Brownies without the Chocolate
But first – are you familiar with blondies? Blondies could be described as brownies without the chocolate. I also think they are basically like cookies in bar form, without all of the dough scooping and multiple baking sheets in and out of the oven. I’m all for cookies, but as a mom with a newborn and two little boys, I’m also a big fan of the recipes that don’t need a bunch of hands-on work right now!
My ideal blondie has chewy edges, and soft, yet sturdy, inner pieces, and these blondies check both of those boxes. This recipe is also a true winner because it only requires one bowl to whip up, and only needs an electric mixer if you’re feeling lazy and don’t want to stir by hand.
It starts with melted butter, which makes it much easier to stir by hand than if you have to cream butter with the sugar. Regardless, one bowl is all you need.
So you’ll start by mixing together melted butter and brown sugar. To that, you add the eggs and vanilla, and then the dry ingredients and pretzels. The batter is spread into a baking dish, drizzled with caramel sauce, and baked until golden brown. The smell coming from the oven is almost too much to handle!
Caramel Pretzels Blondies are perfect for a summer BBQ dessert (perhaps topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream?!) or an afternoon treat.
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Caramel Pretzel Blondies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce warmed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13" pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat melted butter and brown sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract, mixing until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing with a spatula until combined.
- Fold in the pretzels.
- Spread the blondie dough into the prepared pan.
- Drizzle the warm caramel over the dough and swirl with a knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and no longer jiggly in the middle.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares. Enjoy!