Caramel Banana Pudding Poke Cake is a yellow cake mix with vanilla pudding, caramel sauce, bananas, and Cool Whip topping. It’s so good and incredibly easy to make. It’s a crowd pleaser, for sure!
Ever since making my Strawberry Pudding Poke Cake, and the Death By Chocolate Poke Cake AGAIN, I couldn’t wait to make another version of the poke cake. My next creation is a combination of banana pudding and a poke cake. There’s a yellow cake as the base, and it’s topped with vanilla pudding, caramel, and bananas. To top it off, a Cool Whip based frosting. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
Ingredients in Caramel Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Yellow Cake Mix – along with the ingredients to make the cake
Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
How to Make Caramel Banana Pudding Poke Cake
To start, make the cake mix according to the box directions. I use Pillsbury cake mixes and typically that involves adding some oil, water, and egg.
Once the cake is out of the oven, poke a bunch of holes in it. I like using the rounded tip of a wooden spatula to do this for larger holes.
In a medium bowl, combine one of the packets of instant vanilla pudding with 2 cups of milk. Drizzle this mixture all over the warm cake, trying to get some of it in all of the holes. On top of the pudding mixture, drizzle the caramel sauce. It’s easiest if you warm up the caramel to make it more drizzle-able.
Add sliced bananas on top of the caramel layer. Lastly, mix together the remaining instant vanilla pudding with milk and Cool Whip and spread it on top of the bananas.
I finished off each slice of banana poke cake with an extra drizzle of caramel because, why not?! It tastes delicious and looks a little fancy, too.
It’s safe to say this Banana Pudding Poke Cake was another pudding poke cake success! It’s definitely one for all of the banana and banana pudding lovers!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too:
Caramel Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix prepared according to box directions
- 2 3.4 ounce packages instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 16 ounce jar caramel sauce
- 2-3 bananas, sliced
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Prepare cake mix according to directions.
- Once out of the oven, poke holes throughout the cake. I like using the rounded tip of one of my spatulas to create bigger holes.
- In a medium bowl, combine one of the packages of instant vanilla pudding mix with 2 cups of milk.
- Pour the pudding mixture evenly over the warm cake. Note: the pudding layer will soak into the cake.
- Warm the caramel sauce to a consistency that you can drizzle it.
- Drizzle 3/4 of the jar over the pudding layer.
- Layer the sliced bananas over the caramel sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 cups of milk with the remaining pudding mix and Cool Whip.
- Spread the frosting over the bananas.
- Chill the cake for 2 hours.
- Serve drizzled with the remaining caramel sauce and garnish with additional banana slices.