Okay, so. Buffalo chicken totchos. Are we all familiar with tochos? As in, the making of nachos with tater tots instead of chips? Until this past weekend, I had been familiar with the idea of totchos. Perhaps I’ve even had dreams involving totchos. But never have totchos passed my lips, which is such a shame.
I wanted to make totchos to eat while staring at my iPad watching my Fantasy Football team on Sunday because if I’m going to be doing anything at all involving football, I’m at least going to be eating some good greasy football food. Since I’m me and can’t leave good enough alone, I decided to put a spin on the totchos with the ultimate football food: buffalo wings. Best idea ever. I actually didn’t make these to eat alone, by the way. Marc and I ate these, straight from the pan, fighting over the drippy drip of buffalo sauce all over. True story.
Another true story: Marc woke me up in the middle of the night two nights ago (he was just getting home from work) to ask how to make these again. I was so annoyed and half asleep that I wanted to yell “THEY’RE BUFFALO CHICKEN TOTCHOS HOW HARD CAN THEY BE?!” but then I was just really happy that he loved them so much he wanted to make sure he made them right the second time. It’s times like these I think about how strange and wonderful marriage is.
Moving on…TOTCHOS! You start by making the tots, the way you always would. At the same time you could bake up some chicken breasts or you could also use a rotisserie chicken for convenience. Toss that chicken all up in some buffalo sauce. The mo, the betta. When the tots are allllllmost finished but not quite, throw the chicken on top along with tonsa cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and blue cheese, and bake it until all of that cheese is super melty and delish.
Finally, drizzle drizzle drizzle with more buffalo sauce and your choice of ranch or blue cheese dressing. Then dig in and make sure you get that BEST bite in the middle with all the cheese and all the sauces because you know what? You’re worth it.
- 1 lb tater tots
- 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts baked, or chicken breast from rotisserie chicken
- 1/4-1/2 cup buffalo sauce for the chicken
- ~1 cup cheddar and mozzarella cheese mix or ~1/2 cup each
- ~1/2 cup blue chess crumbles
- additional buffalo sauce for drizzling
- ranch or blue cheese dressing for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place tater tots on baking sheet and bake 5 minutes less than package indicates.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken breast and toss with buffalo sauce.
- Remove tots from oven and top with shredded buffalo chicken.
- Top with shredded cheese and blue cheese.
- Bake in oven for additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted on top.
- Immediately drizzle with buffalo sauce and ranch/blue cheese dressing, to your liking.
- Eat and enjoy!