Buffalo Chicken Sliders are an easy and crowd-pleasing dish to serve on game day or for any party!
It’s crazy to me that this weekend is Labor Day, although the weather there in Minnesota has been feeling every single bit like fall! So I guess it’s time for allllll of the comfort food recipes, yes?! Bring on the Buffalo Chicken Sliders…I am here for it!
That also means it’s football season which means it’s time to load up on the game day recipes! I mean, game day is all about the food, right? While I grew up watching football and going to college football games (go Hawkeyes!) I married a guy who isn’t really into football. Sure, he’ll cheer for the Vikings when he wants to, but we don’t have football games streaming on the TV all Saturday and Sunday afternoon, and don’t carve out entire weekends to tailgate and go to games.
Part of me is okay with leaving that in the past, but sometimes I get nostalgic for those good ‘ol days. I mainly miss the football food. There, I said it. I miss all the dips and chilis and meats and wings!
Even though we don’t watch football on a regular basis, I’m still going to make it a habit to cook “football food”. Who says you have to be watching men in tights tackling each other to enjoy buffalo chicken wings, anyways?
Buffalo chicken is, hands down, my favorite flavor combination to play around with. I’ve made everything from buffalo chicken grilled cheese sandwiches, buffalo chicken tater tot casserole, and buffalo chicken burgers to buffalo chicken tater tot nachos and buffalo chicken chopped salads.
Next up in my buffalo chicken creations: Buffalo Chicken Sliders! Sliders are always great when there’s a spread of food because you get the sandwich experience without commiting to a full-sized sandwiches. This leaves room for other things, which is pretty important when it comes to a spread of football food.
However, now that I think about it, I might just choose to fill up on these buffalo chicken sliders because they are insanely delicious. Let’s talk about what they have going on.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- First, there’s a simple buffalo chicken mixture which is just shredded chicken and buffalo wing sauce.
- They are topped with lots of cheese and then a ranch coleslaw mix for some crunchiness. The coolness from the ranch to balance out the heat from the buffalo wing sauce.
- Then the top of the slider bun goes on and it’s brushed with a combination of melted butter and ranch seasoning.
I mean, for real! These are amazing and will win the heart (stomach?) of any football fan!
Buffalo Chicken SlidersPrint Pin Rate
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ~12 slider buns*
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add the chicken breasts and boil until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the water and shred.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken and buffalo sauce.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the coleslaw mix, chopped celery, and ranch dressing.
- Line the bottoms of the slider buns in a 9x13” baking dish.
- Top with the buffalo chicken mixture, spreading it out evenly.
- Top with the shredded cheese, coleslaw mixture, and the bun tops.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and ranch seasoning.
- Brush the butter mixture over the top of the buns.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!