Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread is flaky layers of crescent roll with creamy buffalo chicken sandwiched throughout! A perfect holiday or game day appetizer!
Ohhhhh man. You are in for a treat today. For all of my fellow buffalo chicken fans out there, this one’s for YOU. Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread is basically everything my buffalo chicken loving heart dreams about.
It has all of the flavors of buffalo chicken sandwiched between buttery layers of crescent roll dough. Plus lots of cheese. You’re into that, right?
While this is not a healthy treat by any means, I did lighten things up a little by using GO VEGGIE Lactose Free Cheddar Shreds and Plain Cream Cheese. The shreds have 6 grams of protein, less calories and saturated fat than regular cheese and more calcium. And it melts just like regular cheese. It’s perfect for your every day cheese!
I also did not shy away on the buffalo sauce. It’s in the chicken/cream cheese mixture as well as drizzled all over the top after it’s assembled. You could definitely drizzle more over top after it’s baked too. I say the more the better!
Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread
The tricky thing about this bread is to bake it throughout the middle but keeping the top not too crispy. The first time I made this I greatly underestimated the amount of time it would take to bake and while the top was golden brown, the inside was a goopy mess. I think this has to do with all of the filling, so definitely don’t over-do it on the filling. Really just a teaspoon of the chicken mixture and a sprinkle of cheese will do it.
I also fixed the problem of it over-browning on the top while the inside keeps baking by putting foil over the top for the last 20 minutes. For me, 60 minutes was the perfect baking time and it came out perfectly done.
While I meant to sprinkle green onions on top, I was racing the nap time clock and completely forgot before I took pictures. So, if you’re into green onions, I think they’d go really well on top.
This Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread could be a great lunch or dinner but would also be a great party appetizer!
For the buffalo chicken:
- 2 small chicken breasts cooked and finely chopped
- 4 ounces GO VEGGIE Plain Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
For the bread:
- 3 8 oz tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- ~1 1/2 cups GO VEGGIE Lactose Free Cheddar Shreds
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- chopped green onions for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5" bread pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped chicken, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Roll out crescent roll dough, being careful to not separate the triangles. The best you can, pinch together the serrated parts to make one full sheet of dough.
- Cut each roll in half length wise, and then make three cuts the opposite direction to make 8 squares.
- Place ~ 1-2 teaspoons of buffalo chicken breast mixture onto the middle of each square and then top with ~1 tablespoon of cheese. You don't want to overdo it on the filling or it will have a difficult time baking all the way through.
- Stack four of the squares on top of each other and then place vertically into your greased bread pan. Repeat this until all crescent rolls and chicken mixture is used, ending with one piece of crescent dough at the end. You might have to squish them to get them to all fit.
- Drizzle with additional buffalo sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until top is browned and inside does not jiggle or seem undercooked. Check about 40 minutes through and if the top seems to be golden brown, cover with aluminum foil for the remainder of the baking time.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from bread pan and serve. Top with green onions, if desired
This post was sponsored by GO VEGGIE Foods but recipe and all opinions are my own.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or on the image below to pin this Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread recipe for later!