Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are sure to satisfy any buffalo chicken craving!
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again – I am a super fan of anything with Buffalo Chicken. I’m not even a huge fan of buffalo chicken wings (but if we’re going there – boneless all the way), but give me a buffalo chicken pizza, buffalo chicken burgers, buffalo chicken salad, buffalo chicken totchos (yes, TOTCHOS) or buffalo chicken chili, buffalo chicken dip, or buffalo chicken sandwiches and I am allllllll about it.
So let’s continue this obsession with more buffalo chicken and lots and lots of cheese. Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese, to be exact.
I know some people get their undies in a bundle when people put things other than cheese in grilled cheese sandwiches and still call it a grilled cheese sandwich. Lucky for you, I’m not one of those people.
SO I shoved shredded buffalo chicken between two (buttered) slices of bread. Then topped it with a ton of cheese and grilled it to golden-y melt-y perfection. And I’m am calling it a Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Don’t care what anyone says about that!
There is, however, a secret ingredient in here that I haven’t told you about quite yet. You ready for it?
GO VEGGIE Sriracha Deli Slices. I’ve blogged about my love for GO VEGGIE products for over a year now and I have to say – this is one of my favorites. I’ve always loved their slices for grilled sandwiches because it truly does melt just like real cheese, but is lower in calories, fat, and cholesterol AND is lactose and soy free which makes it perfect for every day cheesin’.
Of course if you just wanna use regular cheddar cheese, you definitely can!
If you’re a buffalo chicken fan like myself, these Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are a must-make! They’re easy, cheesy, and will for sure satisfy that buffalo chicken craving!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 slices GO Veggie Sriracha Deli Slices or regular cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bread
- 2-3 tablespoons butter or a non-dairy butter spread at room temperature
- In a bowl, combine shredded chicken with buffalo sauce.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- On unbuttered side of four slices, place 1/4 of the chicken.
- Top chicken with 2 slices of cheese, then remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place sandwiches on hot skillet, cooking about 4-5 minutes on each side. Flip when golden brown.
- Sandwiches are done when cheese is melted.
- Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to work in batches if all of the sandwiches don't fit. Alternately, you can cook the sandwiches on a panini maker if you have one available.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by GO Veggie but recipe and all opinions are my own.