Buffalo Chicken Chili is made with ground chicken and spicy buffalo wing sauce for a kickin’ chili!
While I’m a huge fan of a traditional pot of chili, I love switching things up a little, like with my white chicken chili, and now this Buffalo Chicken Chili. I mean, a chili that tastes like buffalo wings?! Yes, please!
Ingredients in Buffalo Chicken Chili
Not only is this buffalo chicken chili a fun change from the usual, it is seriously so easy. I didn’t have to add any spices since the wing sauce adds so much flavor on it’s own and the Gold’n Plump Ground Chicken holds the flavor so well.
I also lightened things up by using Greek yogurt to add creaminess instead of heavy cream, cream cheese, or sour cream. The trick is to mix the yogurt with some warm broth in a separate bowl before adding it to the big pot. That way, the yogurt doesn’t separate, making it all chunky in the soup.
How to Serve Buffalo Chicken Chili
I served this buffalo chicken chili with homemade cornbread muffins but I think it would also go great with Fritos or tortilla chips. I also garnished it with blue cheese crumbles, fresh chopped celery and green onions for even more of a buffalo chicken feel.
Now, to get YOU excited for soup and chili season (if you aren’t already!) I have a fun giveaway from Gold’n Plump®. Two of you will win a cutting board, a ceramic knife and $20 worth of Gold’n Plump coupons. Fun, right?! All you have to do is comment below telling me what your favorite soup, stew, or chili is and then hit “I commented” in the Rafflecopter below.
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs from 40Aprons
- 1 pound Gold’n Plump Ground Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1/2 cup wing sauce
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- additional chopped celery for topping
- chopped green onions for topping
- blue cheese crumbles for topping
- In large soup pot, cook chicken over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink.
- Once cooked, add olive oil, onion, carrots, and celery.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until the veggies begin to soften.
- Add wing sauce, beans, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the broth from soup pot and add to a medium bowl.
- Slowly stir in yogurt into hot broth and whisk until well combined.
- Add back into soup pot.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with additional chopped celery, green onions, and blue cheese crumbles.
This post was sponsored by Gold’n Plump Chicken but all opinions and recipe are my own.