I read a lot (a LOT!) of food blogs and can’t help but notice all of the cool features that other blogs have that I don’t. Things like easy to use comment forms, lists of most popular posts, Facebook “like it” buttons, and Twitter buttons just to name a few. In an effort to make greens & chocolate a little more technologically advanced, I decided to add a new feature to my posts. It’s called Link Within and it’s supposed to relate my current blog post to similar posts from the past. I figured this would be a great way for older posts to be “featured again.”
As I sat down last weekend determined to bedazzle my blog, I prepared myself for an hour of figuring out how to get this little feature to work. Who would’ve known it was actually really simple and would take me less than 5 minutes to install? Feeling quite proud of myself, I opened my blog to see what posts were “linked” to my current post. My Chocolate and Pecan Cheesecake Bars were similar to Chicken Pot Pie, Creamy Avocado Dip, and Turkey Burgers with Chipotle Mayo. What the heck?! Last I checked, if I was craving chocolate cheesecake bars, I wasn’t also in the mood for pot pie. But that’s just me.
Oh well. I’m keeping the program at the bottom of each post because, well, it’s my blog and I still think its a cool feature. And actually, I’ve noticed the posts have gotten more relevant the longer I’ve had it installed. Maybe it takes awhile for it to become familiar with the posts? Who knows.
Oh, and these buffalo chicken burgers? Deeeee-lish! The burgers have all of the great flavor of buffalo chicken wings without the deep fried calories and are accompanied by crunchy and tangy blue cheese slaw that goes perfectly on top of the burgers or as a side dish. I wonder what these will be linked to? I’m guessing Brownie Bottomed Nutella Cheesecake Bars or Blueberry Muffins. Naturally.
For the blue cheese slaw:
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise I used olive oil reduced fat mayo
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
For the chicken burgers:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
To make blue cheese slaw:
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, blue cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper in bowl.
- Add coleslaw mix and stir until well combined.
- Cover and let chill in fridge until ready to serve.
To make the burgers:
- Combine chicken, salt, italian seasoning, wing sauce, Parmesan cheese, and green onions in bowl and mix well.
- Form into 4 burger patties.
- Heat the olive oil a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- When burgers are finished, serve on bun topped with blue cheese slaw.