With our second baby coming in less than a month, I’ve been making some recipes that require a little bit more hands on. I know I won’t be able to enjoy that time in the kitchen as much once the baby comes and we all know I love being in the kitchen! These buffalo cauliflower sliders aren’t difficult to make, by any means, but they are a little putsy.
Watch the video below to see how I made them!
That said, these cauliflower sliders are completely, 100% worth the extra effort! Bonus: they can be made vegan and lactose-free if you want, by using vegan ranch dressing and GO VEGGIE Cheddar Slices which come in Vegan or Lactose-Free versions! Using the GO VEGGIE slices, you’ll save yourself calories, cholesterol, and saturated fat, which basically means you can go ahead and have an extra one!
Ingredients in Buffalo Cauliflower Sliders
These sliders have very few ingredients, including flour, milk, Panko breadcrumbs, cauliflower, buffalo wing sauce, and cheese. You’ll also use some ranch dressing and broccoli slaw to make a yummy and simple coleslaw to go on top. Lastly, you’ll want some kind of slider buns – I’ve used everything from Hawaiian rolls and sesame slider buns, to pretzel slider buns!
Buffalo Cauliflower Sliders – Show Stopping!
These Cauliflower Sliders really did blow away both Marc and I’s expectations. They were delicious for dinner and would also be great game day food!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or the image below to pin this Buffalo Cauliflower Sliders recipe for later!
Buffalo Cauliflower Sliders
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup flour I used white whole wheat
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs depending on how large your cauliflower head is and how generous you are with coating your cauliflower pieces
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce plus more for topping
- 1 package broccoli slaw mix or regular coleslaw mix works too
- 1/2 cup vegan ranch or regular ranch if you're not vegan
- 12 slices Lactose Free GO VEGGIE Cheddar Slices
- 12 Slider buns
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut cauliflower vertically into slices.
- Cut the core out of the middle pieces and cut any pieces that have remained large into slider-sized pieces.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, almond milk, garlic powder, and salt, and whisk to combine.
- In another shallow bowl, add panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each cauliflower piece into milk/flour mixture and then into breadcrumbs.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with buffalo sauce on each side.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- On a separate baking sheet, place bottom of slider buns.
- Top slider bun bottoms with cauliflower. You can load them up as much as you want. You'll probably have some leftover cauliflower but that's okay - they are delicious on their own, too!
- Top each slider with one GO VEGGIE Cheddar Slice.
- Bake in oven until cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make broccoli slaw by combining slaw mix and ranch in a medium bowl.
- Top each slider with broccoli slaw, additional Buffalo wing sauce, and bun top.