Last weekend when we had the pizza party, I made bruschetta to snack on while we made pizza. As usual, I made way more than we could eat and had half of the bowl left over. In addition to mixing a cup of it with some quinoa and drizzling with a balsamic vinegar reduction (yum!), I used the rest of it in this chicken. Since I already had the bruschetta made, this ended up being one of those incredibly easy and super tasty weeknight meals.
As it all came together, I realized it would be even better drizzled with some of the balsamic vinegar reduction I used in the quinoa but unfortunately that takes time to reduce and my idea was a little too late. If you have the time and forethought to make the reduction, definitely go for it!
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love these, too:
Mango Curry Grilled Chicken
Cilantro Pesto Grilled Chicken
Pesto and Artichoke Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Beer Marinated Grilled Chicken
- for the bruschetta:
- 2 cups diced tomatoes about 6 medium sized tomatoes
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- for the chicken:
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh mozzarella cut into slices for topping the chicken
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- balsamic reduction optional
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- To make the bruschetta, combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- To make the chicken, pat chicken breasts dry with paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook 4 minutes, then flip and cook another 3-4 minutes, until each side is golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked, place on baking sheet lined with tin foil and covered with cooking spray.
- Place mozzarella cheese on top of chicken, then put into oven under broiler for 1-2 minutes, keeping a close eye on it, until the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Top cheesy chicken with spoonful of bruschetta, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.