My plan for today’s post was another juicer recipe. I set out yesterday to make a Beet, Apple, and Carrot juice. Sounds good, yes?! Well it sounded good, but I couldn’t even choke it down. So what went wrong? The beets. Now, I love beets more than the average person, but they were all I could taste when drinking it and I just wasn’t digging it. So, mark one down for a juicing fail, but I suppose there are bound to be some losers when trying something new.
Since I don’t have a super healthy juicer recipe for you today, I have a super rich, super chocolatey, and super delicious dessert recipe for you instead! Brownie cookies, made into a sandwich with salted caramel filling. Seriously these are decadent. But so, so good. The brownie cookies are exactly like brownies in a cookie form. They’re not chocolate cookies posing as brownies. They’re brownies who, instead of being spread into a baking pan, were scooped into cookies instead.
The decadent and rich chocolate of the cookies is balanced out by the salty caramel filling, which I
may have could have eaten by the spoonful. I usually shy away from things with salted caramel because it most often involves actually making caramel which scares me, but this recipe uses jarred caramel sauce making it super easy. You could always use your own favorite caramel sauce recipe if you’d like.
for the cookies:
- 12 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
for the salted caramel filling:
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup caramel
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
to make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Place 7oz. of the chocolate and the butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir gently until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat for 15 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add in flour, baking powder, melted chocolate mixture, remaining 5 oz. of chocolate and mix to combine.
- Set aside to to stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoonful of the mixture, onto parchment lined bake sheet.
- Bake for about 8–10 minutes or until puffed and cracked.
- Cool completely on trays.
to make the salted caramel filling:
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add confectioners' sugar and beat again until smooth.
- Add vanilla, caramel, and sea salt and beat to combine.
- Spread approximately 1-2 tablespoon of filling onto one completely cooled cookie, then press another cookie on top to make a cookie sandwich.
- Repeat until all cookies are made into sandwiches.