Chocolate Frozen Yogurt with Brownie Chunks is a treat on the healthier side for you and your Valentine, made with whole milk yogurt and filled with irresistible brownie chunks!
When it comes to Valentine’s Day – just give me the chocolate. Speaking of chocolate – this Brownie Chunk Chocolate Frozen Yogurt has lots of it, making it an absolutely perfect dessert for you and your Valentine! Or for you and your Galentine’s Day party. Or for you, your cat/dog, and Netflix. Chocolate doesn’t judge.
Easy Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Recipe
I always forget how easy it is to make my own ice cream or frozen yogurt and then I make it and kick myself for not making it more often. Truly, this chocolate frozen yogurt is so, so easy. Aside from making the brownies, you just mix it all together and throw it in your ice cream maker and let it do all of the work. The hardest part is remembering to put the ice cream bowl in the freezer a day in advance, which is why I permanently keep mine in our deep freezer.
How to Thaw Homemade Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
Like most homemade frozen yogurts, this one gets a little hard after being in the freezer for a day or two, even with the whole milk Greek yogurt. BUT before you go running back to the heavy whipping cream, hear me out. All you have to do to get super lush and creamy frozen yogurt is put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds and just like that, it gets a little melty and a lot creamy. It’s magical. Plus, the chewy brownie bites soften up a little and OMGosh it’s addicting.
Buuut back to that yogurt! Stonyfield just launched a new line of whole milk Greek yogurt that is out of this world. It’s not only super creamy and delicious, but packed with protein to keep you satisfied for, like, ever.
Low Sugar Frozen Yogurt
Since it is frozen yogurt, I kept the sugar pretty low, just 3/4 cup for the entire batch. I loved the contrast of the tangy chocolate frozen yogurt with the sweet and chewy brownie bites, but you could increase the sugar by 1/2 cup if you want it sweeter.
So let’s keep it casual this Valentine’s Day and get cozy in our PJ’s, and eat this brownie chunk frozen yogurt straight from the carton. Deal?
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Brownie Chunk Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
- Ice Cream Maker
- 1 8 x8" pan of brownies or 1/2 of a 9x13" pan, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt I used Stonyfield whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place ice cream bowl in freezer for at least 24 hours.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, cocoa powder, milk, salt, and vanilla until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place in ice cream maker and let churn according to your ice cream makers instructions. For mine, this was about 20 minutes to reach soft serve consistency.
- Once done churning, fold in brownie chunks.
- Place in container and store in the freezer.