Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos are one part sweet, one part smoky, one part creamy, and one part spicy. And completely delicious! Perfect for a 4th of July appetizer!
Whew! That’s quite the name for a recipe, isn’t it? It’s one of those recipes where I just didn’t think any of the parts could be left out.
The brown sugar part is crucial because they’re rolled in brown sugar making them sweet
The bacon part is necessary because they’re wrapped in bacon and DUH I want you to know that!
The cream cheese stuffed part must not be forgotten because it needs to be known anytime something is stuffed with cream cheese.
So yeah, the title is long but muy importante to get across the deliciousness that these jalapeños hold.
These Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos are the perfect summer appetizer! They can absolutely be prepped ahead of time and when the time comes to chill out on the patio with a beverage of choice in hand, you just pop them on the grill. So easy!
While these aren’t diet food, I did lighten them up a bit using GO VEGGIE Cream Cheese Spread and Dip Minis. I’m no stranger to their tubs of cream cheese, but this time I used their spread and dip minis which were perfect for controlling how much I used and didn’t leave me with a half-used tub of cream cheese leftover.
I used a grill pan which worked really well for getting them a little charred (the way I like it) but you could just put them on some foil on the grill if you don’t have a grill pan or don’t want them crispy. Also, these cooked a lot faster than I had anticipated – only 12 minutes. This obviously depends on the temperature of your grill, but I’d say only expect to have to cook them 12-15 minutes if your grill is on medium to medium-high.
Another important note – you can kind of control the spice by leaving the white part that surrounds the seeds, making it spicier, or cutting that part out. I tried to cut out as much as possible and mine were still quite spicy. Consider yourself warned.
One last thing. This recipe can easily be adapted as far as quantity. If you need more or less, just adjust the number of jalapenos and bacon you use. Just don’t count on stopping yourself at one…it’s simply not possible!
- 6 jalapenos halved lengthwise and de-seeded
- 4 GO VEGGIE 1.3 oz Classic Plain Spread and Dip Minis or 6-8 ounces of plain cream cheese
- 6 slices of bacon uncooked and cut in half
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat grill to medium/medium-high heat.
- Cut jalapenos lengthwise and remove white part and seeds.
- Spread approximately 1-2 tablespoons of GO VEGGIE Classic Plain Spread and Dip Minis inside each half of the jalapenos. This will depend on how big your jalapenos are.
- Wrap each jalapeno half with half a slice of bacon.
- Combine brown sugar and chili powder in a shallow bowl.
- Roll each bacon-wrapped jalapeno in the brown sugar mixture, pressing it on so it will stick, then secure bacon with a toothpick. I did that at this point because doing it sooner would have made it difficult to roll in the brown sugar.
- Place each jalapeno in a grill pan.
- Cook on preheated grill for 12-15 minutes, until bacon is cooked through.
Disclaimer: I was compensated for this post as part of a partnership with GO VEGGIE. All opinions are my own.