Brown butter takes roasted brussels sprouts up a notch. These Brown Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts are addicting!
Y’know those people who used to hate brussels sprouts because they only ever had them steamed but then started roasting them and their eyes were opened to the deliciousness that is brussels sprouts? Yeah I’m not one of them.
Believe it or not, I actually have loved brussels sprouts since I was a kid. I know. What kind of kid loves brussels sprouts?! Me, apparently. My grandparents thought it was so funny/odd how much I loved them that they would give me a package of frozen brussels sprouts for my birthday.
You can imagine that if I loved frozen brussels sprouts steamed with a pat of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter on them, I LOOOOOOVE roasted brussels sprouts. I’m pretty sure roasting brussels sprouts can convert 90% of brussels sprout haters.
And this recipe for Brown Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts is going to convert the last 10%. No joke, these things are addicting. Kind of like Lay’s potato chips – once you start popping them, you can’t stop.
The brown butter just does the magical things that brown butter does and OMG it’s so good on these! Topped with a sprinkle of kosher salt, they were irresistible. I may have eaten the whole pan on my own.
These are simple enough to be a perfect weeknight side dish and insanely delicious enough to be a great Thanksgiving option!
Brown Butter Roasted Brussels SproutsPrint Rate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb brussels sprouts halved
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Add butter to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. It's best to use a light colored pan so you can see the butter turning color.
- Swirl the pan so the butter can move around and stirring every once in awhile.
- The butter will foam and the color will progress from a lemon-y color to a nutty brown. Once you see brown flecks, remove from heat immediately. It goes from brown to burnt pretty quickly.
- This whole process usually takes around 10 minutes.
- Toss brussels sprouts in brown butter and then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast brussels sprouts in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin this recipe for later
Click here or on the image below to pin this Brown Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe for later!
P.S. Looking for more delicious brussels sprouts recipes? I’ve got some more waiting for you! For example, you may also like this Maple Bacon Brussels Sprout Skillet. Or Apple Blue Cheese Brussels Sprout Salad. Either will do.