These Brown Butter Oatmeal Ginger Cookies are gloriously chewy once they cool and ready to be devoured with a big mug of milk!
Sooo about those cookies that I promised to post on Saturday. That didn’t happen. Holiday baking got the best of me and I spent way too many hours in the kitchen and before I knew it, I was covered in flour and butter and it was 45 minutes before I needed to be at a dinner party. So shower > blog post.
But GOOD NEWS: it’s Monday of a short week and I have cookies for you! Not just any cookies, but Brown Butter Oatmeal Ginger Cookies. I know, again with the brown butter. But again – it’s brown butter! It takes cookies (and brownies and pasta and cinnamon rolls and bread and rice krispies…) from great to incredible.
Brown Butter Oatmeal Ginger Cookies
These cookies are full of those spices and flavors that just scream the holidays. Cinnamon, ginger, molasses, and nutmeg. And of course, brown butter. The edges are a bit crispy and the center is thin and chewy. I purposely underbaked them just a bit to make sure they stayed nice and chewy so if you’re worried they’re not done when you take them out of the oven, just have faith. They will be gloriously chewy once they cool and ready to be devoured with a big mug of milk.
So tell me – do you have all of your holiday baking done?? What is still on your list? As of now I think I am done but you never know what crazy baking itch I might get late one night this week. I do know one thing – I wish we had some of these Ginger Cookies left but they were gone way too soon!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Click here or the image below to pin this Brown Butter Oatmeal Ginger Cookies recipe for later!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small pot, add butter over medium heat.
- Stirring frequently to constantly, melt butter and continue to cook until brown specks form in the butter. This typically takes around 10 minutes. Once it starts to brown, remove from heat immediately to prevent burning.
- Let cool slightly for 10 minutes.
- While cooling, in medium bowl combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and spices and mix to combine.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat together brown butter, sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- Add molasses and vanilla, beating to combine.
- Slowly add in flour/oat mixture, beating until well combined. Scrape down the edges of the bowl as needed.
- Scoop into ~2 tbsp worth of cookie dough balls, and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Roll into balls and roll in sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes, until edges are slightly golden.
- Let cool completely.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE THESE, TOO:
- Biscoff Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Peanut Butter M&M Oatmeal Cookies
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies
- Butter Pecan Maple Cookies
And make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more healthy and delicious ideas!