Numero uno – Mexican food! Gahhh I just love it. I love the spices, I love the cheeses, and obvs I love the chips, guac, and margaritas. Or Corona. Or sangria. I’m not picky.
Numero dos – salmon! I’ve talked before about how much I love it and how I’m super predictable and pretty much order salmon 90% of the time when we go out to dinner. But at home I’m usually super boring and just do a lemon garlic salmon. So high five for this super flavorful blackened salmon!
Numero tres – THAT SAUCE! I’m talking about the Avocado Cilantro Cream Cheese Sauce which I want to put on everything I eat now. So creamy, spicy, cilantro-y, and yummy.
Another reason to love this sauce – it’s made with GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese, which I love to use in place of regular cream cheese as it has less calories, fat, and saturated fat, as well as zero cholesterol. And it tastes exactly the same. It’s a win, win.
And finally, numero quatro – all the veggies! I used a couple of bell peppers and an onion, but you could totally throw whatever veggies you have lying around needing to be used up. I’m thinking zucchini, corn, tomatoes, whatever! Cover it in that sauce and you won’t care what you’re eating.
I could give you seventy more reasons why I love these tostadas (They’re easy! They’re delicious! Did I mention that sauce?!) but it’s Thursday and really we’re all just thinking about how many hours until it’s Friday afternoon, amiright?
So let’s just end with agreeing that these tostadas would be the perfect way to wind down the week slash kick off the weekend. Of course, with one of those margaritas/Coronas/sangrias!
Don’t forget to stop back on Saturday for next week’s Healthy Weekly Meal Plan!
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper stem and seeds removed, sliced
- 1 orange or red bell pepper stem and seeds removed, sliced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small or 2 large salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- For the Avocado Cilantro Cream Cheese Sauce:
- 4 oz GO Veggie! Classic Plain Cream Cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 jalapeno
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until onions and peppers are soft and cooked.
- Add black beans and stir to combine, cooking another 1-2 minutes until they are warm.
- Remove vegetable mixture from skillet.
- Combine paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil, and salt.
- Rub into flesh side of salmon filets.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Place salmon filets into skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, then flip and cook another 3-5 minutes until salmon flakes easily and is cooked through. Cooking time always depends on how thick your salmon filets are. If they are thicker, they will likely require more time.
- While salmon is cooking you can cook the tortillas.
- Heat a small skillet over medium high heat.
- Lightly brush the corn tortillas with olive oil and cook on the skillet, about 1 minute on each side, until they are golden brown.
- To make the Avocado Cilantro Cream Cheese Sauce:
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a food processor and puree.
- To assemble:
- Evenly distribute the veggies and salmon between each corn tortilla.
- Drizzle cream cheese sauce over tostadas.
- Serve and enjoy!