Thick and chewy Biscoff and Chocolate Chip Blondies are sure to be a new favorite!
Update 5/4/19: this post was originally written in 2014. The photos have been updated, however the post content remains the same.
As with most food trends, I was a little behind with the Biscoff craze. I remember searching high and low for it when I first heard of it about a year ago, with no luck, and then I gave up my search. If you’re new to the Biscoff craze (you’re not alone!), it is a spread with a consistency similar to peanut butter, except it’s made of pulverized Biscoff cookies. Yes, a cookie spread. Like peanut butter, but with cookies.
It was fate when Biscoff sent me two jars of their crunchy and creamy cookie spread to try out in a new recipe. The only hard part was deciding what to make. Biscoff cookies? Or Biscoff ice cream? How about Biscoff cake?! With Biscoff frosting? Ooooh now we’re talking.
And as if I needed more ideas, there’s an entire Pinterest board dedicated to Biscoff recipes. When it came down to it, though, what I was really craving was a thick and chewy blondie stuffed with chocolate chips. Cravings always win in my book, so blondies it was!
Marc and I both loved these blondies. While we both agreed the Biscoff was a little overpowered by the chocolate chips, we also agreed that the Biscoff gives these blondies something special that you won’t find in a normal blondie recipe. It keeps them perfectly chewy, and since I like to slightly under-bake my blondies so they aren’t dry, the final result was also dense and moist. A perfect blondie, I dare say.
Biscoff Spread is a sweet, creamy spread made with Biscoff Cookies. Try this delicious European alternative to peanut butter or chocolate spread. Vote for the best photo in Biscoff’s “Spread the Love” contest and you could win a year’s supply of Biscoff products!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Biscoff. The opinions and text are all mine.
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love these!
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Biscoff
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x13" baking dish, and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat together melted butter and brown sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, mixing completely between each addition.
- Add vanilla and Biscoff and mix to combine.
- Slowly add flour mixture to Biscoff mixture, mixing until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges are golden brown and top is lightly golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely, and cut into squares.
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.