Skip the drive-through line and make your own Big Mac at home! Big Mac Sliders tastes exactly like McDonald’s, in the form of cute little sliders!
While McDonald’s is definitely not a regular meal for our household, as I much prefer to cook from scratch, it has become an occasional occurence since we’ve had kids. I mean, a good ‘ol Happy Meal is a fun treat, right?! I haven’t had a Big Mac in years, but going through the drive-through a couple of times for the kids definitely stirred up a craving. My solution? Make them at home! These Big Mac Sliders are SPOT ON and totally satisfied that craving.
Ingredients in Big Mac Sliders
The hamburger portion of Big Mac Sliders is a simple combination of ground beef, finely diced white onion, salt, and pepper.
The key component of Big Mac Sliders, of course, is the sauce! The sauce is made of mayonnaise, yellow mustard, dill pickle relish, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. You’ll be amazed at how it tastes exactly like Big Mac sauce.
The other ingredients are shredded lettuce, sliced pickles, American cheese, slider buns, sesame seeds, and melted butter.
How to Make Big Mac Sliders
To make Big Mac Sliders, you’ll start by cooking the beef. Ground beef is combined with very finely diced white onion, salt, and pepper. Then it is pressed into a 9×9″ baking dish. If you don’t have a 9″ baking dish, an 8″ will work, too. The large ground beef patty is baked in the oven until browned through. Super simple!
While the hamburger is baking, you can make the Big Mac sauce. It’s as simple as mixing together the ingredients until combined.
The last steps are assembling the sliders. The bottom buns of the sliders are placed onto a baking sheet, spread with the Big Mac sauce, and then topped with lettuce, the hamburger patty, pickles, American cheese, and the bun tops. One note: I placed the entire hamburger patty onto my slider buns. You may have to cut them into strips or single patties to fit correctly on your buns, depending on the shape/size of your buns.
Of course, Big Mac’s need sesame seeds on top. If your slider buns don’t already have sesame seeds on them, the buns are brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with sesame seeds. To finish, the sliders are put in the oven for a few minutes for the cheese to slightly melt.
We served these with some thin, McDonald’s-like french fries that we found in the freezer section at the grocery store. You could serve them with homemade fries or even tater tots!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Big Mac Sliders
For the Burger:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 white onion, very finely diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the Big Mac Sauce:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp dill pickle relish
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 slider buns
- 1 tbsp butter
- sesame seeds
- Shredded lettuce
- sliced pickles
- American cheese slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 9x9" baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef and diced onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Press the ground beef mixture into the bottom of baking dish.
- Bake or 10-15 minutes, until the beef is cooked through. It will shrink in the baking dish and there will also be a bit of grease around the large beef patty. Use a paper towel to soak up the grease.
- To make the Big Mac sauce combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Place slider buns on a baking sheet.
- Spread ~2 tbsp of the Big Mac sauce onto each slider bottom.
- Sprinkle lettuce over the sauce and then top with the burgers and pickles. You can do this two ways - you can either place the large burger patty over the buns as a whole, and then cut them into individual sliders after they are baked, or you can cut the burger patty into smaller patties and place them individually onto each slider bun bottom. Either way works!
- Top the burgers with slices of American cheese and then each slider bun.
- Brush the tops of the slider buns with butter and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese has slightly melted.
- Cut into individual sliders, serve with additional sauce, and enjoy!