Have a handful of brown bananas staring you down, begging to be made into something yummy? Skip the banana bread and make this Banana Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting this time! It’s a simple banana bundt cake recipe with Greek yogurt, topped with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting.
I know that most people have their go-to banana bread recipe that they can make without even opening up the cookbook/website. I have mine, too! However, do you have a favorite banana bundt cake recipe?! I didn’t either, until now! This Banana Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is my new, go-to banana cake recipe and it’s SO easy to make.
Ingredients in Banana Bundt Cake
This bundt cake recipe starts off with a handful (four to be specific) of very ripe bananas. I actually buy extra bananas just for the purpose of letting them get ripe so I can bake with them. Anyone else do that?
The other “wet” ingredients in this recipe are room temperature unsalted butter, canola oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and plain Greek yogurt. You could use sour cream if that’s what you have on hand, but I always have Greek yogurt in the fridge and it lightens the cake up a bit.
For the dry ingredients, it’s a pretty typical lineup of flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
The cream cheese frosting is a combination of cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. The cake is topped with chopped pecans for a little bit of a crunch!
Our favorite devoured this banana bundt cake in no time at all! We all loved that the cream cheese frosting was thick and plentiful around the entire cake – I say go big or go home when it comes to frosting! In addition, the banana cake had a super tender crumb and was evenly cooked throughout the entire cake.
This bundt cake recipe is great for a brunch, snack, or dessert!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too:
Banana Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 medium bananas mashed (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrese F.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with cooking spray and then sprinkle evenly with about 2 tbsp of granulated sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until well combined and scraping down the edges as necessary.
- Add the oil, vanilla, and mashed bananas, mixing until combined.
- Add the baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, mixing until combined.
- Add half of the flour and mix to combine.
- Add half of the Greek yogurt, and mix to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and Greek yogurt.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown on the top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan. Run a knife around the egdes and flip onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
To Make the Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 tbsp of milk and beat until well combined.
- Add additional tablespoon of milk, if needed.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Serve and enjoy!