Baked Goat Cheese Dip with Roasted Tomatoes is mind blowing-ly easy and so delicious that it will impress any happy hour guest! It is perfect for a summer time patio appetizer with a glass of wine.
Are you ready for a super easy and amazingly delicious appetizer?! Baked Goat Cheese Dip with Roasted Tomatoes is going to blow your mind!
If you’ve never roasted tomatoes, you’re definitely missing out. Roasting the tomatoes really concentrates their flavor and brings out their natural sugar. They’re slightly sweet, slightly acidic, and meld perfectly with the warm baked goat cheese.
Ingredients in Baked Goat Cheese Dip with Roasted Tomatoes
Tomatoes – I used cherubs, but cherry or grape tomatoes would also work. I even think larger tomatoes could work if you just cut them into bite-sized pieces
Goat Cheese – a log of goat cheese, not crumbled.
this Baked Goat Cheese Dip is SO insanely easy to make and really adaptable. First, you’ll put the tomatoes in an 8×8″ baking dish. Toss the tomatoes in some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, and salt. If you have fresh basil, oregano or parsley, use that instead of Italian seasoning! Like I said, very adaptable.
The tomatoes are roasted for about 20 minutes in a 400 degree F oven. Then, make some room in the baking pan for the goat cheese long, and bake for another 10-15 minutes. To finish it off, drizzle the entire dish with some balsamic reduction. I take the easy way out and buy mine from the store, but you can totally make your own! I finished it off with some fresh chopped parsley, but fresh basil would also be delicious.
This dish is best served with crackers like pita crackers or crostini. Oh and a glass of wine. Definitely don’t forget that!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Baked Goat Cheese Dip with Roasted Tomatoes
- 8 -10 ounces cherry/grape/cherub tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8 ounces goat cheese log
- Balsamic glaze (I buy mine from the store but you can also make your own)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the tomatoes to an 8-9" baking dish.
- Toss the tomatoes in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Roast the tomatoes in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until they start to split and release some juice.
- With a spoon, push the tomatoes to the sides of the dish and make a spot for the goat cheese.
- Add the goat cheese log to the dish. Bake 10-15 minutes longer, until the goat cheese is softened.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze/reduction and serve with crackers.