Not hosting Thanksgiving this year and also not expected to bring a dish for dinner? Well, lucky you! Though, you probably shouldn’t show up empty handed. Don’t worry – I got ya covered. Even though you don’t have to bring a side dish, you could definitely still bring an appetizer to hold everyone over until dinner, right?
I made this dip for Marc to bring to a guys night (it’s manly to show up with a casserole dish, yes?!) and from what I heard, it was a big hit. As in five guys finished this entire dish minus the scoop that I had which you see in the picture above and below. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Also pretty telling of how yummy this dip is.
Marc and I first tried jalapeno popper dip this fall at his aunts tailgate for the Minnesota vs. Iowa football game. Her tailgates are always filled with fabulous food and this was no exception. We ate the dip at the tailgate with tortilla chips and Ritz crackers, but I also really loved it on warm slices of french bread, just like I’d eat Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Any way you eat it, this is definitely a crowd pleaser of an appetizer and would be a hit to any Thanksgiving dinner or holiday party you bring it to.
I realize this dip is more on the ‘sinful indulgence’ side of greens & chocolate, but what are the holidays without a little, okay a LOT, of indulgence? And I’m pretty sure this dip is completely worth it. Smooth tangy cream cheese filled with chopped bacon, diced jalapenos, and cheddar cheese. Topped with a crispy bread crumb topping and baked until gooey and warm…you will absolutely love it. Just balance it out with an extra serving of brussels sprouts at dinner.
- 16 oz two 8-oz bricks cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large or 6 small jalapenos diced (seeds removed if you want to cut down on the spice)
- 3 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese divided use
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Stir in diced jalapeno, diced bacon, garlic powder, cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and melted butter, mixing to combine.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over dip.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until dip is bubbling and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Serve with sliced baguette, tortilla chips, or crackers.