These Bacon Jalapeno Crescent Roll Ups are an easy appetizer or dinner recipe that are always a crowd favorite. They are made with canned crescent dough, bacon, cream cheese, garlic powder, green onions, chopped jalapenos, and shredded cheddar cheese.
I absolutely love the combination of bacon and jalapeno. The smokiness from the bacon is such a great complement to the spicy jalapeno. They work so well together in these crescent roll ups, which are perfect for a holiday appetizer or as a meal!
Ingredients in Bacon Jalapeno Crescent Roll Ups
Bacon – use whatever method is your favorite to cook it. I like making mine in the oven!
Diced Jalapeno – adds a little bit of a kick, to these crescent roll ups.
Crescent Roll Dough – I used an 8 ounce can of Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet, which is the dough of crescent rolls, but in one sheet instead of cut into triangles. If you can’t find a crescent dough sheet, buy the crescent rolls and just pinch the seams of the rolls together.
Cream Cheese, Green Onion, Milk, and Garlic Powder – these are all mixed together and spread on the crescent dough sheet.
Shredded Cheese – I used a mixture of cheddar cheese and shredded mozzarella because that’s what I had on hand. Colby Jack or all cheddar would also work!
How to Make Bacon Jalapeno Crescent Roll Ups
First, you’ll want to cook the bacon. As I mentioned above, you can use your favorite method of cooking bacon. I like to cook mine in a 425 degree F oven for about 15-18 minutes, depending on the thickness of the bacon, until it’s cooked but not too crispy.
Next, mix together the cream cheese mixture which is cream cheese, milk, garlic powder, and green onions.
Roll out the crescent dough sheet and then spread the cream cheese mixture evenly across the sheet. Sprinkle the diced jalapeno, cooked and chopped bacon, and shredded cheese over the cream cheese, and then roll it up as you would do with cinnamon rolls.
Cut the roll in half and then cut each half into four pieces. Place the roll ups onto a greased baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes in a 350 degree oven!
Bacon Jalapeno Crescent Roll Ups
- 8 ounce crescent dough sheet
- 5 slices bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 green onions diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese shredded mozzarella or Colby jack also works
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cook the bacon on the stovetop, or your favorite method, until cooked. Chop into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese, milk, green onions, garlic powder, and salt.
- Lay the crescent dough sheet out onto a large baking sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly across the dough sheet.
- Sprinkle with chopped bacon, diced jalapeno, and shredded cheese.
- Roll the dough sheet up like cinnamon rolls.
- Cut the roll in half and then cut each half in four pieces, for eight roll ups total.
- Place the roll ups onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!