Bacon Blue Cheese Football Cheeseball is an easy cheese ball appetizer shaped like a football that is perfect for game day!
I’m gonna be honest – I have no idea what the state of the NFL is right now. Like is the regular season happening? Or is Covid messing that up, too? Importantly, is the Super Bowl happening?! I really should google this. Regardless, this Bacon Blue Cheese Football Cheese Ball is not only perfect for game day, but any occasion that one might have a cheese plate for!
The cheese plate that I made this football cheese ball for was pretty epic. It had all of my favorite game day foods – buffalo chicken dip, cheese curds, little smokies, and guacamole. I have to say, the bacon blue cheese football cheeseball was definitely the star of the show!
Ingredients in Bacon Blue Cheese Football Cheese Ball
Bacon – cooked and chopped bacon is both in the cheese ball and on the outside, making it resemble a football.
Cheese – cream cheese is the bulk of the cheeseball, along with shredded white cheddar and blue cheese.
Green Onions – I love the flavor green onions add.
This cheese ball recipe is simple to make. To begin, you’ll simply combine half of the bacon with the remaining ingredients until it’s well combined. This mixture does best if it’s refrigerated for a couple of hours before forming into a football, as it’s pretty sticky and soft when the cream cheese is at room temperature.
After a couple of hours in the refrigerator, you can form the cheeseball into the shape of a football. Lastly, press the remaining chopped bacon on the outside of the cheese ball and then make laces with a couple of shreds/slices of white cheddar cheese.
I served this cheeseball with a combination of raw veggies, tortilla chips, pretzels, pita chips, and Ritz crackers. They were all delicious options!
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Bacon Blue Cheese Football Cheese Ball
- 1 lb bacon cooked and chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese *save a few shreds for the football laces
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- In a bowl, mix together approximately half of the bacon with the cream cheese, white cheddar, blue cheese, and green onions.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. This will make it easier to shape the football cheese ball.
- When ready, shape the mixture into a football.
- Press the remaining crumbled bacon on the outside of the cheese ball and use the white cheddar shreds to make "laces"
- Serve with crackers and veggies. Enjoy!