How far along are you? 20 weeks, 1 day
Cravings: Still hot sauce, which I was told by a friend via an article, this means Baby Boy E is going to be adventurous, thrill seeking, and will like action movies and roller coaster. Sounds like his dad 🙂 I’ve also craved boxed macaroni and cheese (I know…), kettle chips, and grilled cheese this week.
Food Aversions: Nada.
Generally Feeling: I feel great 80% of the time. The other 20% I have nagging hip pain. I’ve been going to a lot of prenatal yoga classes and the hip openers feel so amazing so I’ve been trying to do them on my own, too. As my yoga instructor says, I have to “make room for that baby to come out.” It’s visualizations like this that make me think “holy sh*t I have to birth a baby.” I’ve also been having heartburn the past week which, ugh. No bueno.
Looking Forward To: Meeting our little guy! We still have a ways to go, but we had our anatomy ultrasound last week and seeing his little face, his squirmy arms, his precious toes, and of course, the confirming boy parts, I am so excited to meet him! Oh and still looking forward to getting the nursery ready. Two weeks since my last update and we haven’t made any progress with that.
Miss Anything: Nights without heartburn. It has hit fast and furiously, which has taken a toll on my hot sauce consumption and at this point a night of sleep > hot sauce. As a result, Tums have been my best friend. I miss not needing Tums.
Movement? Lots and lots of movement. During our ultrasound, the tech had a hard time getting the images because he was so squirmy, which confirmed all of the kicks and wiggles I’ve been feeling.
What I’ve Been Loving: Still loving all of the movement and hopefully will continue loving it for the next 20-ish weeks. Also loving prenatal yoga classes still. I have found one particular instructor that I think is incredible. She makes me feel like a
Maternity Clothes: For the most part. While I have a few t-shirts that are technically maternity, I can still get away with yoga pants, long sweaters, and dresses. For jeans and work pants – I haven’t fit in my regular pants for weeks, so I have been wearing maternity pants which, for the record, are awesome. No buttons and elastic waist bands?! Yes, please!
Boy or girl: Boy!
Want more updates on Baby E? Follow our Instagram account!